Vila Mila is a house with a rich history. The first information about it can be found already in Franciscan cadaster from 1827, which noted a household name Kaischouz and the old house number Grad 10. In the parish book from 1869, a household name Kajžovc and the owner Lucija Čop is indicated. In 1908, in a house that once stood on this site, a fire broke out and destroyed the house, a good part of the entire area and also part of the Bled castle. In the same year, the house was rebuilt in the form we see today and was named “Pri Kajžu” or Kajževina. Family Čop remained here until 1980, when they moved out of Bled and sold their Vila to the group of Slovenian companies that started to use the house as a holiday home for their employees.
Family Omovšek came to Bled in the early 60’s of 20th century and first lived in auxiliary facility on the property. In 1969 they purchased the small wooden house and re-built it to the house where they still reside. Ever since the beginning of their stay, family Omovšek maintained the property and acted as hospitality staff for the visitors who came on holiday to Vila. In the 90’s of 20th century, the companies owing the Vila were entering difficult times and decided to sell the building. Several individual owners were not investing in the house and only as a partial owner, family Omovšek constantly strived to maintain the appearance of the mighty building. In 2007 Omovšek family finally bought the last share of Vila and the property has once again became one unit.
After a long coordination of plans, all licenses for the complete renovation were ready at the end of 2011, just at a time when the family got a new member, Mila. Construction works began in summer of 2013 and in December 2014 the mighty building, symbolically re-named Vila Mila, was ready to accept first guests.
Today the house has a touch of the past and cutting-edge technology with ECO standards for a comfortable stay of guests in six apartments, with a beautiful garden and a view of the St. Martin’s church and the Lake of Bled.